GETTING TO KNOW KELLY FEOLI OF MRS BPO
- It’s the end of the day. People are winding down after another day in the trenches. But Kelly Feoli is just warming up. Loving the quiet that follows another hard day in the office, it allows her to focus and strategize what to tackle tomorrow. Read on to learn more about Kelly and how growing up on a farm has helped her climb the corporate ladder in the collection industry. This series is sponsored by Applied Innovation.
JUDGE GRANTS MSJ FOR DEFENDANT, VACATES CLASS CERTIFICATION IN FDCPA CREDITOR ID CASE
- A District Court judge in Wisconsin has granted a defendant’s motion for summary judgment in a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act class-action case, determining that the plaintiff lacked standing to sue because he took no action to clarify his confusion over whom he should pay after receiving a collection letter from the defendant. The judge also vacated an order certifying a class in the case.
HOW COLLECTION AGENCIES SHOULD NOT ACT LIKE A CREDIT CARD COMPANY
- In collections, any payment can be considered to be a good payment, especially if it shows that an individual is interested and committed to paying off a debt. But as one agency learned that while any payment may be a good payment, collection agencies should not operate like credit card companies in one important way — asking for a minimum payment.
BILL INTRODUCED IN COLORADO TO EXTEND MORATORIUM ON ‘EXTRAORDINARY’ COLLECTION ACTIONS
- The Colorado legislature kicked off its 2021 session yesterday and the second bill that was introduced in the state Senate was a measure to extend the moratorium on “extraordinary” collection actions in the state until June 1.
CORPORATE ADVISORY SOLUTIONS ANNOUNCES PROMOTIONS
- Corporate Advisory Solutions today announced the promotion of three deal team members.
WORTH NOTING: How to give your space a proper deep cleaning … NASA made a discovery that may explain why we are alone in the universe even as the CIA has released thousands of UFO files … A racing pigeon traveled 8,000 miles from Oregon to Australia. It’s reward? Officials now want to kill it because of COVID-19 … Why you shouldn’t worry if you find mindfulness doesn’t work for you … Dollar General is paying its workers to get the coronavirus vaccine … The best devices from CES that you can buy now … Why aren’t we wearing better masks?
50 body facts
Celebrities say what they would do first if they were president
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Prodigal. Prodigal is bringing the power of AI and machine learning to lenders, creditors and collection agencies. Prodigal’s world class speech recognition software, monitors every call for compliance and collector performance with its AI trained for optimal accuracy and actionable results. Prodigal unlocks hidden value in a collection contact centre’s vast corpus of unstructured audio data by making it searchable and enabling them to improve compliance, increase operational efficiency and win new clients.