THE BEST $197 YOU WILL SPEND THIS YEAR
- Since the pandemic started last March, one of the most frequent discussion topics that has come up is how can agencies stay connected with their collectors, many or most of whom are working from home. We miss the camaraderie, the shared experiences, and the opportunity to come together to try and achieve a common goal. Collector.Live!, an event that I am incredibly proud to be a partner in, is the perfect solution for companies in the credit and collection industry.
JUDGE DENIES MTD IN FDCPA CASE OVER MISSING REFERENCE IN COLLECTION LETTER
- We’ve all heard the joke, what happens when you assume? You make an ass of u and me. A collection law firm is learning that lesson the hard way after a District Court judge in North Carolina denied its motion to dismiss because it did not explicitly state who was assume a debt to be valid in a collection letter.
COLLECTION LAW FIRM FACING PAIR OF FDCPA CLASS ACTIONS
- A collection law firm in New Jersey is facing a pair of class-action lawsuits that have been filed against it in Pennsylvania, accusing the firm of not sending mandatory notices required by law when suing individuals and for enrolling individuals in automatic payment plans without first obtaining their consent.
BEAM SOFTWARE CONTINUES ANNUAL SUPPORT OF HOPE 4 COMMUNITIES AND TIDEWELL HOSPICE
- This holiday season, Beam Software continues our support of South Florida neighbors through donations to Hope 4 Communities and Tidewell Hospice, two charitable organizations that provide essential services to our local community.
READ EXPERT PERSPECTIVES ON TRENDING COMPLIANCE TOPICS
- Click here to read this week’s Compliance Digest. You’ll get insights and opinions from five different compliance experts — Leslie Bender, Michael Klutho, Mike Frost, Brit Suttell, and Larry Laskey — discussing the impact of recent court cases and legislative updates. You’re not going to get that kind of varied perspective anywhere else. The Compliance Digest is sponsored by The Bedard Law Group.
WORTH NOTING: Facing eviction or foreclosure? Beyonce has your back, to the tune of $5,000 … The cities in which working from home is the best to do … What working and running a dishwasher have in common … The finances of a lot of Americans are running on fumes … “Caillou” is no more and a lot of parents couldn’t be happier … Apps to help you manage your subscriptions … How to use psychology to convince your friends and family to get the COVID-19 vaccine … “Sex and the City” is making a comeback.
A subject near and dear to my heart: being a hockey dad
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Prodigal. Prodigal is bringing the power of AI and machine learning to lenders, creditors and collection agencies. Prodigal’s world class speech recognition software, monitors every call for compliance and collector performance with its AI trained for optimal accuracy and actionable results. Prodigal unlocks hidden value in a collection contact centre’s vast corpus of unstructured audio data by making it searchable and enabling them to improve compliance, increase operational efficiency and win new clients.