GETTING TO KNOW STACY WILLIS OF ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT RESOURCES
- All Stacy Willis was looking for was a job. Re-entering the workforce following the birth of her second child, she wasn’t thinking about a career. But she found one. Two decades later, Stacy is now the Director of Operations at that same agency that originally hired her as a receptionist. Read on to learn more about Stacy and why you shouldn’t bother her on Saturday afternoons. This series is sponsored by Arbeit.
APPEALS COURT ORDERS DISMISSAL OF FDCPA CASE OVER LACK OF JURISDICTION
- The Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has reversed a lower court’s order granting a defendant’s motion for judgment on the pleadings in a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act case, but only so it could tell the lower court to instead dismiss the case without prejudice because of a lack of jurisdiction.
JUDGE DENIES MTD IN SUIT FILED AGAINST COLLECTOR BY CFPB
- A District Court judge in Maryland has denied a debt collector’s motion to dismiss a lawsuit filed against it by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, ruling that even though the Supreme Court found the leadership structure of the Bureau to be unconstitutional, it did not dictate that it lacked authority to bring an enforcement action while under such a structure.
TRAINING BYTES VIDEO: HOW TO HELP COLLECTORS RESPOND TO EVERY SCENARIO DURING A COLLECTION CALL
- Collectors who stay in this business long enough usually end up hearing every objection, stall, and question in the book. And, over time, they can develop the appropriate responses to each of those situations. But that takes time. How can an agency help newer collectors — those whose inexperienced ears have yet to hear all the different stories and explanations that their more experienced colleagues have dealt with — provide the same measured responses?
SPIRE RECOVERY SOLUTIONS PROUDLY SUPPORTS FALLEN MILITARY HEROES AND THEIR FAMILIES
- This holiday season, Spire Recovery Solutions is honoring our U.S. military heroes through a donation to the Naked Warrior Project, a nonprofit organization that memorializes the fallen and supports their families and children. This donation is part of our company’s commitment to supporting our veterans, military service members, and their families.
WORTH NOTING: How to give better, more thoughtful gifts this year … The mayor of Austin, Texas recorded a video telling his constituents to stay home while he was vacationing in Mexico … You can get paid $2,500 to watch 25 holiday movies in 25 days … Steps to paying off your credit card debt in 2021 … The best apps of 2020 … The metal monolith is back, but in California this time … You may only need to exercise 11 minutes a day to counteract all the sitting you do … The CDC is shortening the quarantine recommendations for COVID-19 exposure.
How “Elf” was made
Hidden secrets on things you use everyday
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.