MORE AMERICANS ‘STRUGGLING’ TO PAY HEALTHCARE BILLS: SURVEY
- About 40% of Americans are having trouble managing their medical bills and have had at least one bill sent to collections, according to a survey conducted by U.S. News & World Report this month. The media outlet conducted the survey to see how individuals are managing medical bills during the pandemic, especially as officials are bracing for a “second wave” of individuals who contract COVID-19.
UNION GOES AFTER DENVER HOSPITALS FOR ‘AGGRESSIVE’ COLLECTION EFFORTS
- A battle is brewing in the Mile High City between the union representing healthcare workers at hospitals and facilities and one of the nation’s largest hospital chains, with the union accusing the provider of being too “aggressive” with its collection efforts on unpaid medical bills, among other claims.
CLARK HILL ADDS INDUSTRY LEADER LESLIE BENDER AS FINANCIAL SERVICES REGULATORY AND PRIVACY LAWYER IN D.C.
- Clark Hill PLC today announced Leslie C. Bender has joined the firm as Senior Counsel in its Financial Services Regulatory & Compliance group in Washington, D.C. Bender brings to the firm deep experience with financial services regulatory matters, including a particular focus on matters before the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and with credit reporting and debt collection issues.
STATE RAISES $5,200 IN BAK TO SCHOOL CAMPAIGN
- Each fall State’s team collects school supplies for area students in need. Like so many aspects of 2020, with many team members working remote, this year’s Back to School campaign needed to pivot to an online campaign.
FFAM360 CONTINUES ANNUAL CAMPAIGN FOR BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH
- The FFAM360 Alliance of Companies is fundraising for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation this October. This annual Breast Cancer Awareness Month campaign helps increase attention and support for the awareness, early detection, and treatment of this disease.
WORTH NOTING: The TSA screened 1 million passengers at airports on Sunday, the first day it has reached that mark since March … The next presidential debate on Thursday will hopefully be a lot quieter … John McClane is back … “Weird” things to keep off your resume … How the World Series can get you a free taco … Even with record unemployment during the summer, the average credit score in America rose this past summer … What you should do with your old phones that are lying around unused … How companies are deploying sensors to keep people six feet apart from one another … More people are going to be doing their holiday shopping online this year.
What stops people from changing their minds?
The risks of gathering indoors for the holidays
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.