GETTING TO KNOW KATIE ZUGSAY OF FINEXUS INSURANCE AGENCY
- Kudos to Katie Zugsay not just for having the ambition and fortitude to strike out on her own, but to do so during a global pandemic. Zugsay recently launched Finexus Insurance Agency, merging her experience in insurance and collections to now help agencies across the country. Read on to learn more about Katie and how riding the waves helps her decompress after a hard day at the office.
NYC DCWP RELEASES DEBT GLOSSARY AS ENFORCEMENT OF NEW RULE STARTS TODAY
- A new rule in New York City requiring collection agencies let individuals know if they offer translation or services in languages other than English that went into effect in June will start being enforced today by the city’s Department of Consumer and Worker Protection. Collection agencies that collect from individuals living in New York City have been working at understanding the requirements of the rule, and worry that they will have to stop providing services that they may have been providing informally for fear of running afoul of the rule and risking an enforcement action.
APPEALS COURT AFFIRMS DISMISSAL OF FDCPA SUIT OVER SOL
- The Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit has upheld the dismissal of a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act lawsuit that a lower court deemed was time-barred by the law’s one-year statute of limitations, striking down the plaintiff’s argument that a state law in Georgia should have allowed the case to continue.
N.M. AG SUES COLLECTION AGENCIES
- The Attorney General of New Mexico announced yesterday his office has filed three lawsuits against debt collection companies, accusing them of making misrepresentations about debts, engaging in abusive practices, and forcing individuals to make payments on non-existent debts
RMAI COMMENDS NATIONAL CRACKDOWN ON THE COLLECTION OF PHANTOM, UNSUBSTANTIATED CONSUMER DEBT
- The Receivables Management Association International (RMAI) applauds the FTC and state and local governments for their commitment to enforcing the law against companies who are blatantly breaking the law to collect debts consumers do not owe or engaging in abusive and threatening practices.
WORTH NOTING: The Ireland lacrosse team made an incredibly self-sacrificing gesture to right an obvious wrong … This might be a suitable substitute for not being able to trick or treat on Halloween, if only there was a Krispy Kreme around my neighborhood … This might be the very definition of adding insult to injury … Chris Wallace shares his experience of moderating the presidential debate … For those of you who want beer for dessert … An Ireland Supreme Court has ruled that Subway sandwiches do not meet the legal definition of bread … How to get the perfect sear on a hamburger … Mississippi is the first state to stop requiring people to wear masks.
How to find joy in even the darkest of times
Insane domino tricks
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.