JUDGE DENIES MTD IN FDCPA OVERSHADOWING CLASS ACTION
- A District Court judge in New York has denied a defendant’s motion to dismiss a class-action lawsuit for allegedly violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act by allegedly overshadowing the validation notice when it made a reference to initiating “a review of the inquiry” in a collection letter.
ATTUNELY RAISES $9M IN FUNDING
- Attunely, the debt collection startup that uses machine learning to help companies maximize their recoveries, yesterday announced it had raised $9 million in additional financing to help fund its growth.
CONSUMER GROUPS ASK CFPB TO RESCIND FCRA DISPUTE GUIDANCE
- A group of 21 consumer advocacy groups yesterday sent a letter to Kathleen Kraninger, the director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, asking the regulator to reconsider guidance it issued earlier in the coronavirus pandemic that said it would be flexible in giving furnishers more than the required 30 days to investigate disputes.
SEE-SAW LAWSUIT FILINGS CONTINUE IN AUGUST: WEBRECON
- Trying to make heads or tails of how the coronavirus pandemic is affecting the volume of lawsuits filed against collection agencies continues to baffle, according to the latest data released yesterday by WebRecon.
FCA TO OFFER LIVE, IN-PERSON NETWORKING AND EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES AT ANNUAL CONFERENCE
- The Florida Collectors Association is proud and excited to announce that it will be hosting the first live industry event since March when it holds its annual conference October 7-9 in Sarasota, Florida.
WORTH NOTING: A new COVID-19 mutation might be even more contagious … That’s a spicy meatball: An Olive Garden in Times Square is losing $300,000 per week because of coronavirus restrictions … Today’s older people are younger than previous generations … Pumpkin spice mac and cheese? Really? … Something I will never have to worry about — the work-from-home mullet … Amazon has released a surveillance drone for homes … The holdout Pac-12 has announced its return to college football … An Arkansas man found a 9-carat diamond in a state park.
The secret to winning the presidential debate
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.