GETTING TO KNOW SCOTT MEDLEY OF RELIANT CAPITAL SOLUTIONS
- Having spent nearly two decades in sales, it is no surprise that the aspects of that job are what appeal to Scott Medley the most. Face-to-face meetings, pressing the flesh, as he calls it, are what have allowed him to succeed for this long in the industry. Ready on to learn more about Scott and his no-nonsense advise about those who choose not to do business with you. This series is sponsored by Arbeit.
NY DFS ANNOUNCES FIRST ENFORCEMENT CASE UNDER STATE’S DEBT COLLECTION RULE
- The New York Department of Financial Services has announced its first-ever regulatory action taken in enforcing the state’s debt collection regulation, accusing a collection law firm of not substantiating “hundreds” of debts within the 60-day required timeframe.
JUDGE DENIES MOTION TO COMPEL ARBITRATION IN TCPA, FDCPA CLASS ACTION
- A District Court judge in Hawaii has denied a defendant’s motion to compel arbitration in a class-action suit accusing it of violating the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act because the defendant did not show that the plaintiff must rely on the terms of his customer agreement with the original creditor in asserting claims against the defendant.
MOST AMERICANS DO NOT NEGOTIATE MEDICAL DEBT BALANCE, ARE NOT IN PAYMENT PLAN: SURVEY
- A majority of Americans have medical debt, have had that debt placed into collections, have not tried to negotiate to lower the cost of how much they owe, and are not in a payment plan, according to the results of a survey conducted by Debt.com.
VENANDI SYSTEMS ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF POE PLATFORM
- Venandi Systems, LLC yesterday announced the launch of its proprietary platform to provide verified and non-verified POE data solutions.
WORTH NOTING: Jon Stewart has a new cause … As if the rain and winds from Hurricane Sally weren’t causing enough problems for residents in the storm’s path … A scenic “flight to nowhere” sold out in 10 minutes … Which traditional fall activities are still ok to do this year? … Why you may never buy a glass table again … Another epidemic is claiming lives — pedestrians who are being hit and killed by moving vehicles … As if 2020 couldn’t get any worse; now McDonald’s is running out of the Travis Scott meal … How college football could swing the presidential election.
Psychological tricks that work every time
Easy science experiments to amaze your kids
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.