NYC PUBLISHES FAQ TO HELP COMPLY WITH LANGUAGE ACCESS RULE
- The New York City Department of Consumer Affairs has issued its long-awaited Frequently Asked Questions related to a new Language Access rule that went into effect in late June and will begin being enforced later this month. A copy of the rules can be accessed by clicking here.
JUDGE GRANTS MOTION FOR DEFENSE IN FDCPA CASE OVER NAME OF CREDITOR IN COLLECTION LETTER
- A District Court judge in New York has agreed to adopt a Magistrate Judge’s recommendation that a defendant’s motion for judgment on the pleadings be granted after it was sued for violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act because it allegedly did not properly identify the creditor to whom a debt was owed in a collection letter.
CAP ONE FINED $80M BY REGULATOR FOR DATA BREACH
- Capital One Bank has been fined $80 million by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency for its failures that resulted in a data breach that compromised the personal information of more than 100 million of the bank’s customers.
SURVEY REVEALS HOW CONSUMERS ARE CUTTING CORNERS TO MAKE ENDS MEET DURING PANDEMIC
- A survey of individuals from across the United States has revealed the lengths that people have gone to in order to make ends meet during the coronavirus pandemic, which offers a glimpse into how the country is managing its finances and illustrates the full impact of the pandemic, especially on those who do not make a lot of money.
MCU HOLDINGS DONATES TO NAKED WARRIOR PROJECT
- MCU Holdings, LLC, announces support of our nation’s fallen special operations heroes through a donation to Naked Warrior Project, a nonprofit organization that helps to preserve the memory of the fallen while providing support for their families.
WORTH NOTING: Does the governor of Ohio have coronavirus or not? … “Mask Mouth” is becoming a bigger problem that dentists are having to deal with … Something we can look forward to later this year: a new flavor of Hershey’s Kisses … Why you should expect a lot of hurricanes this year … Schools that have opened are already regretting the decision. Why hybrid school might be the worst decision of all … Joint replacement surgeries that were postponed because of the pandemic are costing the health system $2 billion per month … Fans of “Dirty Dancing” are going to get another chance to have the time of their lives again … What happens when you microwave your tea, instead of using a kettle.
Best budget laptops you can buy
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.