FCRA CLASS ACTION FILED OVER ACCIDENTAL BK NOTIFICATION ON CREDIT REPORT
- A class-action lawsuit has been filed against one of the nation’s largest financial services companies, alleging it violated the Fair Credit Reporting Act by inaccurately listing individuals as having for filed for bankruptcy protection and then refusing to correct their credit reports.
T-MOBILE LAUNCHES CALL BLOCKING SERVICE WITH NEW WRINKLES
- T-Mobile this week is launching a new anti-robocall product, called Scam Shield, that the company said will go beyond what other carriers are offering to automatically block calls that it deems to be scams, spam, or other calls that the recipient is not interested in accepting.
CFPB COMPLAINT TOTALS KEEP SETTING RECORDS, BUT COLLECTIONS NOT A POPULAR TOPIC
- The number of complaints being submitted by individuals to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau continues to set new records and the impact of the coronavirus pandemic continues to “wreak havoc” on the financial situations of millions of Americans, according to an updated analysis of the Bureau’s consumer complaint database that was released by the U.S. Public Interest Research Group and the Frontier Group.
DEBT SELLING SCAM TO LAND JOEL TUCKER IN PRISON FOLLOWING GUILTY PLEAS
- Joel Tucker, who along with his brother Scott, have become infamous names in the payday lending and debt-buying worlds in recent years as their alleged misdeeds have caught up to them, has agreed to plead guilty to charges stemming from selling fake debt portfolios and is facing as much as 20 years in prison with no chance for parole.
READ EXPERT PERSPECTIVES ON TRENDING COMPLIANCE TOPICS
- Click here to read this week’s Compliance Digest. You’ll get insights and opinions from 11 different compliance experts — Dennis Barton, Ethan Ostroff, Mike Frost, Rick Perr, Michael Klutho, Brit Suttell, Laurie Nelson, Nicole Strickler, Stacy Rodriguez, Makyla Moody, and Scott Goldsmith — discussing the impact of recent court cases and legislative updates. You’re not going to get that kind of varied perspective anywhere else. The Compliance Digest is sponsored by The Bedard Law Group.
WORTH NOTING: A primer on using sunscreen properly … What your favorite ice cream flavor says about your character … A lot of people don’t expect their jobs to return to normal anytime soon … The extra $600 in unemployment benefits is ending this week … The coolest roadside attractions in the United States … How to check your devices for stalkerware … Because you haven’t heard from Haley Joel Osment in a while … The son of a federal judge was killed and her husband critically wounded following a shooting at their home in New Jersey yesterday … Discussions on the next stimulus bill are scheduled to start this week.
Why you shouldn’t keep your phone in your pocket
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.