SUPREME COURT RULES CFPB LEADERSHIP STRUCTURE IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL
- The Supreme Court yesterday ruled that the leadership structure of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is unconstitutional, and that provision may be severed from the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
HOUSE PASSES CREDIT REPORTING REFORM BILL
- The House of Representatives yesterday passed H.R. 5332, the Protecting Your Credit Score Act of 2019, which would create a central portal for individuals to view their credit scores and allow them to more easily file disputes and give the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau more oversight of credit reporting agencies.
NEW IOWA LAW PROHIBITS USE OF PRIVATE COLLECTORS TO RECOVER COURT DEBTS
- The state of Iowa has enacted a new law that will prohibit counties from using private debt collectors to collect on unpaid court fees and victim restitution.
CFPB LOOKS FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT MODEL VALIDATION NOTICE
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, in a notice published in the Federal Register, is seeking to collect more information about collection validation notices, especially how individuals locate and use the information included in them.
OCC RELEASES GUIDEBOOK ABOUT UDAP, UDAAP RISKS
- The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency — a regulator that oversees national banks — has issued a new set of guidelines aimed at outlining what constitutes unfair or deceptive acts or practices (UDAP) and unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices (UDAAP), for banks and their third parties.
WORTH NOTING: Is a mutation causing coronavirus to spread faster? … It might not be safe to go into the water … Why you should never get too close to the animals … The states and cities that are pulling back on their re-opening plans … How to build the perfect pump-up playlist … What it will cost you to get a newly released COVID-19 drug … Now might be a good time to consider going to Bali … Add spitting to the list of things that are not allowed in baseball … Where would you go if you stole a fire truck?
How to feel comfortable in awkward situations
Secrets of shopping at Costco
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.