EMERGENCY MEETING TO ALLOW WASH. COLLECTORS TO WORK FROM HOME CANCELED AT LAST MINUTE
- A vote by the Washington State Collection Agency Board on an emergency proposal to clarify state regulations on what constitutes a branch office in order to allow employees of collection agencies to work from home was canceled at the last minute yesterday after critics of the idea complained that there was not enough notice about the initiative.
BILL INTRODUCED IN COLORADO THAT COULD PROHIBIT GARNISHMENTS FOR UP TO 360 DAYS
- The Colorado state legislature yesterday introduced a series of bills aimed at helping individuals in that state get through the coronavirus pandemic, including a bill that would establish a 180-day moratorium — which could be extended for an additional 180 days — on what the bill defines as “extraordinary debt collection actions.”
COLLECTION AGENCIES IN NEVADA ALLOWED TO RE-OPEN
- Collection agencies in Nevada have been allowed to re-open as long as they follow all emergency directives that have been issued by the state, according to ACA International.
STATE AGS PUSH IMPORTANCE OF TRACEBACK INVESTIGATIONS TO FCC
- Attorneys general from all 50 states and the District of Columbia yesterday reiterated the importance of traceback investigations in identifying and prosecuting illegal robocallers to the Federal Communications Commission, with one AG calling an effective collaboration between AGs and telecom companies the “tip of the spear.”
PDCFLOW NAMES ED BILLS CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
- Payment hub and digital communication software company PDCflow today announced Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Ed Bills as Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the organization. As COO, Bills will be responsible for all operations within the company.
WORTH NOTING: Don’t expect any good news from today’s employment report … The grocery stories that have the best coronavirus safety measures, according to a survey … The qualities to look for — and those to avoid — when hiring remote employees … Look up for a Strawberry Moon tonight … Remember when you used to ask someone if they have been living in a cave it they missed something important? Meet that guy … Why Google is giving its employees $1,000 to work from home … Some day trip ideas and tips to get your family out of the house … New cases of COVID-19 are ticking up again.
How to make yourself invulnerable
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.