GETTING TO KNOW GARRET ANGELO OF JJ MARSHALL & ASSOCIATES
- Garret Angelo may not have followed exactly in his father’s footsteps, but he ended up at the same destination and the industry is all the better because of it. Destinations and journeys are very much a part of Garret’s ethos and he is always willing to talk about it. Read on to learn more about Garret, why he loves the unpredictability of the collections industry, and his approach to running the family business. This series is sponsored by Arbeit.
COAST PROFESSIONAL LAYS OFF MORE THAN 300 EMPLOYEES AS MORE AGENCIES CUT BACK BECAUSE OF CORONAVIRUS
- Another debt collection agency has announced that is laying off a large amount of employees, joining a growing number of companies in the industry that have been forced to reduce the size of their workforces because of the coronavirus pandemic. Coast Professional announced it was laying off more than 300 employees from two different offices in New York state.
CFPB ISSUES CREDIT REPORTING GUIDANCE DURING COVID-19
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau yesterday issued guidance reminding furnishers that they should be accurately reporting any changes to payment plans or loan terms that are being made in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
AGENCIES SEEING BACKLASH FROM KEEPING OFFICES OPEN
- Companies in the credit and collection industry should be aware that the decisions they are making about whether to stay open and which employees should or need to come into the office everyday may be subject to criticism in the court of public opinion. One collection agency that has an office in Tennessee is definitely learning that lesson.
CONSUMER ADVOCACY CALLS ON TREASURY DEPT. TO PROTECT STIMULUS CHECKS FROM COLLECTORS
- A consumer advocacy organization is calling on the Treasury Department to code the stimulus payments that will be sent to individuals in a certain way in order to make sure the money is “not grabbed by debt collectors.”
WORTH NOTING: How one family got really creative during self-quarantine … How now couple got really creative to celebrate their wedding … How to disinfect your car properly … People are arming up in case we’re actually heading into an apocalypse … Some companies can get free job listings on LinkedIn right now … How coronavirus is changing the way we say good-bye … How to prevent “zoombombing” which is now a thing … Am I the only person in the world who has not yet seen “Tiger King”? …. Minor league baseball players are weren’t rich to begin with. And then coronavirus hit … Home repair problems you may have to deal with on your own until this is all over.
How to unlock hidden categories in Netflix
How to protect yourself while grocery shopping
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.