APPEALS COURT OVERTURNS FDCPA SUIT BASED ON SOL CALCULATION
- It might have to do with a mortgage, which is something we do not normally address when it comes to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, but a ruling from the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals seemed interesting because it dealt with assumptions for how long it took a communication from a debt collector to reach the recipient, and because the Appeals Court overturned a lower court’s dismissal of the suit.
DETAILS ABOUT RELIEF AVAILABLE THROUGH CARES ACT
- Information about the relief packages that are being made available through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act that was signed into law week, is now starting to be released, and offers insights and guides to help companies that might be interested in applying for loans or grants.
MINNESOTA AGENCY LAYS OFF 250 WORKERS
- A collection agency in Minnesota that specializes in student loans has filed a notice with the state that it is laying off nearly 250 workers from three different locations, according to a published report.
FCC FORMALLY ANNOUNCES STIR/SHAKEN DEADLINE
- Meeting via conference call yesterday, the Federal Communications Commission formally adopted a rule that will require phone carriers to deploy STIR/SHAKEN call authentication technology by June 30, 2021.
NATIONAL MANAGEMENT RECOVERY CORP. CONTINUES SUPPORT OF BACK ON MY FEET
- National Management Recovery Corporation, a third-party debt collection agency headquartered in Coral Springs, Florida, is proud to sponsor Back on My Feet, a national organization that combats homelessness through the power of running, community support, and essential employment and housing resources.
WORTH NOTING: Why some communities are going to be hit harder for coronavirus … How to make a Whopper while in quarantine … How to make your Internet faster at home … One huge mystery has been solved. We now know what number Tom Brady will wear in Tampa Bay … Amidst a toilet paper shortage, here is an important question: Should we embrace the bidet? … Reports of how companies are mis-treating workers during the coronavirus pandemic … The importance of email etiquette during a pandemic … There was a pretty big earthquake in Idaho last night … Bill Gates has some harsh predictions for the United States.
How to pay your bills during the pandemic
How to boost cybersecurity at home
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.