CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: MARCH 24
- The news is moving faster than most of us can keep up. Which states have issued shelter-in-place orders? Which states have placed prohibitions on debt collection? What is the federal government doing? There are so many more questions than answers. Read on for updates on where things stand, as of Tuesday morning.
APPEALS COURT OVERTURNS PART OF FCRA SUIT DEALING WITH CREDIT REPORT DISCLOSURE
- The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals has partially upheld and partially reversed a lower court’s decision related to the background check forms filled out by prospective employees and how they must comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
APPEALS COURT DENIES EN BANC HEARING IN TCPA ATDS CASE
- The Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals has denied an en banc request from the plaintiff in a Telephone Consumer Protection Act case, potentially bringing it to an end, which would be good news for the collection industry.
BANKRUPT AGENCY ASKS TO HAVE CASE DISMISSED
- Bankrupt Retrieval-Masters Credit Bureau, which operated under the name of American Medical Collection Agency and was the victim of a massive data breach last year, has asked a judge to dismiss its bankruptcy because it does not have enough money to continue paying what it owes.
RMAI AND INDUSTRY INTRODUCE HARDSHIP PROVISIONS FOR CONSUMER AFFAIRS AFTER COVID-19
- Receivables Management Association International (RMAI), the nonprofit trade association that represents more than 550 companies that purchase or support the purchase of performing and nonperforming receivables on the secondary market, today announced new hardship provisions for consumers affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.
WORTH NOTING: Tips to help parents who are homeschooling … A quarantine dance-off is going viral … President Trump may be getting ready to lift social restrictions … The businesses that are still open … Tips from CEOs about working from home effectively … CVS, Walgreen’s, and Instacart are all hiring a lot of people … A man died after taking a drug mentioned by the president as a possible cure for COVID-19 … Gas is getting really cheap … The New England Patriots have made their first move in the A.TB era.
How to make a smoother entrance
For people with a lot of time on their hands these days
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.