STATES’ ACTIONS AGAINST CORONAVIRUS CAUSING UPROAR IN ARM INDUSTRY
- States across the country are taking bold and unprecedented steps to contain the spread of coronavirus, steps that are endangering the ongoing viability of the accounts receivable management industry.
WASHINGTON ENACTS NEW DEBT BUYING LAW
- The governor of Washington has signed a bill into law that re-defines what constitutes a debt buyer and makes those debt buyers provide additional information about the underlying debt when bringing legal actions against individuals, in an attempt to “provide more transparency,” said the bill’s sponsor, who called it one of the “strongest” bills of its kind in the nation.
BILL INTRODUCED IN SENATE TO PROHIBIT NEGATIVE CREDIT REPORTING DURING CRISIS
- A bill to amend the Fair Credit Reporting Act has been introduced in the Senate that would prohibit the reporting of negative items on individuals’ credit reports during the coronavirus outbreak.
HOW TO PIVOT IN A TIME OF CRISIS: THE ALTERNATIVE TO SCRAMBLING YOUR WORKFORCE
- In a guest column, Joshua Allen, the founder and chief executive officer of Revenly, talks about the investments that companies should be making not just to manage through this crisis, but for years to come.
COLLECTOR.LIVE! MAKES ALL ITS VIDEOS AVAILABLE FOR FREE
- The collection industry is changing faster than it ever has. It’s hard to fathom that things were relatively “normal” a week ago and since then, what was down is now up, and what was up is now down. Collection agencies are scrambling to figure out how to let agents work from home as more states force non-essential businesses to close.
WORTH NOTING: It looks like Congress knew a few weeks ago that things were going to get really bad … And some members of Congress cashed in before stocks started tanking … Some companies are still hiring during the outbreak … How people are failing at working from home … 100 movies to watch while you are stuck at home … Why mortgage interest rates are rising … Who will likely replace Tom Brady in New England? … Car dealerships think they are essential and want to stay open … What is costs to be treated for coronavirus.
Coronavirus patients share their stories
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.