GETTING TO KNOW AYLIX K. JENSEN OF MOSS & BARNETT
- It seems somehow fitting that Aylix Jensen ended up working in the collection industry, considering that had she not, she would have considered working with a group that focused on helping individuals who had been wrongly convicted. Coincidences aside, Aylix is quickly making a name for herself. Read on to learn more about her and how someone who grew up in South Africa ended up in Minnesota.
APPEALS COURT UPHOLDS SUMMARY JUDGMENT IN FDCPA CASE OVER LACK OF PROPER DOCUMENTATION
- The Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit has upheld a lower court’s summary judgment ruling in favor of a collector that was sued for allegedly violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, although it did admit the District Court erred in ruling that the plaintiff failed to plead actual damages.
DOCTOR TO PAY $100K FINE FOR HIPAA VIOLATIONS
- A physician has agreed to pay $100,000 to settle a potential violation of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) with the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) in the Department of Health and Human Services because a business associate of the physician’s electronic health records company was blocking access to electronic protected health information until the practice paid the associate $50,000.
DAKCS MAKES CORPORATE CHANGES
- With approval from the Board of Directors, Andy Shumway succeeded Lex Patterson as President of DAKCS Software Systems. DAKCS is a technology leader in Accounts Receivable Management and debt collection software for over 35 years. Andy plans to continue the company’s mission for growth and development into the new decade.
ARBEIT SOFTWARE BECOMES ‘ARBEIT,’ CELEBRATING NEW BRAND AND DIRECTION
- Arbeit Software, a leading provider of communication software solutions, is now Arbeit, signifying a refreshed brand and exciting growth.
WORTH NOTING: Facts about the census … Jesus saves, especially when playing against the Devils … America’s healthcare system is going to make the coronavirus outbreak worse … Most Americans don’t know what goes into calculating their credit score … Why you should stop doing your own taxes … For people who are interested in free food … The best and worst movies to watch during an actual outbreak … Keywords to use to boost the sale price of your house … How to clean your phone.
Why flight attendants notice about you when you board
“CHiPs” in real life
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.