CALIFORNIA TO CREATE OWN CFPB; REPORTS SPECIFICALLY MENTION DEBT COLLECTION OVERSIGHT
- Gavin Newsom, the governor of California, is expected to announce a proposal today that would create a state-version of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in The Golden State, joining a growing number of other states that are ramping up their efforts to regulate the financial services industry in the wake of a perceived pullback from the CFPB itself.
JUDGE CERTIFIES CLASS IN FDCPA SUIT, BUT LIMITS PARTICIPATION TO ONE CREDITOR ONLY
- A District Court judge in Massachusetts has granted certification to a class of plaintiffs alleging a collection letter sent by a defendant violated the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, but restricted the number of participants to those plaintiffs who had the same original creditor.
CFPB FILES SUIT AGAINST DEBT RELIEF COMPANIES FOR ALLEGED FCRA VIOLATIONS
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau yesterday announced it had filed suit against a number of defendants for violating the Fair Credit Reporting Act by allegedly obtaining individuals’ credit reports illegally and allegedly charging unlawful advance fees for debt relief services.
SINGLE-PAYER SYSTEM CAN SAVE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY $600B: STUDY
- Switching to a single-payer healthcare system could cut as much as $600 billion in administrative costs from healthcare spending in the United States, according to a study that was published earlier this week in the Annals of Internal Medicine.
CENTRAL PORTFOLIO CONTROL MAKES DONATION TO SHARING & CARING HANDS
- Central Portfolio Control, a full-service and nationally licensed collection agency, today announces a donation to Sharing & Caring Hands of Minneapolis, Minn.
WORTH NOTING: How to quit your job well … How Oprah Winfrey played a role in the Royal separation … The best states in which to raise a family, based on affordability … The perk that Bill Gates says companies need to provide to keep employees … There is a connection between raising the minimum wage and reducing suicides … Taco Bell is paying top dollar for managers … Green tea lowers your risk of dying, according to a new study … Looking ahead to this weekend’s NFL playoff games … How to spot a bad boss during a job interview.
How to detect counterfeit money
Funny Friday (some NSFW language)
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.