GETTING TO KNOW DERRIK GARHART OF PROFESSIONAL FINANCE COMPANY
- Derrik Garhart sounds like he would be a lot of fun to hang out with. Just make sure not to bother him when he’s watching football on Sunday, especially his beloved Raiders. Like many in the industry, Derrik has worked his way up the ladder in the industry and has no plans on stopping anytime soon. Read on to learn more about Derrik and how the Dodgers’ loss is the ARM industry’s gain. This series is sponsored by Arbeit Software.
APPEALS COURT OVERTURNS CERTIFICATION IN FDCPA CASE OVER FALSE THREAT IN LETTER
- The Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit has reversed a lower court’s certification of a class action and questioned whether the class even has standing to sue in the first place in a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act case over whether a collection letter contained a false threat to sue for an unpaid debt.
CONGRESSMAN CALLS ON CFPB TO INVESTIGATE CABLE COMPANY’S ‘DEAL’ WITH COLLECTION AGENCY
- A Congressman from New York is asking the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to open an investigation into the debt collection practices of a collection agency working on behalf of Spectrum Cable, seeking to determine whether the allegations amount to violations of federal law.
GAP BETWEEN PRIVATE INSURANCE, MEDICARE, MEDICAID PAYMENT RATES IS SHRINKING
- After spiking during 2000 – 2012, the gap between what hospitals charge private insurance companies and what they charge the federal government for Medicaid or Medicare coverage is narrowing, according to a published report.
KAUFMAN DOLOWICH & VOLUCK STRENGTHEN CONSUMER FINANCIAL SERVICES PRACTICE
- Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck LLP (KDV), a leading national law firm, today announced that it is doubling the size of its Philadelphia office with the addition of four attorneys. The firm will be moving its Philadelphia offices next month to accommodate the new attorneys and future growth plans. KDV now has 14 attorneys in its two Pennsylvania offices (Philadelphia and Blue Bell) and 179 attorneys in 11 offices nationwide.
WORTH NOTING: You can ignore the text messages informing you that you’ve been drafted … Larry David has some selfish reasons for not wanting Bernie Sanders to become president … How long you can add to your life by being healthy … Prince Harry and his wife are splitting from the Royal Family … Do we really need a Broadway musical based on “The Nanny”? … Why you shouldn’t second-guess yourself … Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has some good news … The cheapest places to travel.
Where to find free e-books
How exercise can help fight depression
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.