JUDGE AWARDS PLAINTIFF’S ATTORNEYS HALF OF WHAT WAS REQUESTED IN FDCPA CASE
- A District Court judge in Missouri has determined the amount of attorney fees to be paid to the plaintiff’s lawyers following the settlement of a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act lawsuit to be 53% lower than what the plaintiff’s attorneys requested.
SEN. WARREN UNVEILS PROPOSAL TO OVERHAUL BANKRUPTCY PROCESS, PLAN INCLUDES DEBT COLLECTION COMPONENTS
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren [D-Mass.], who is running for president, has unveiled a proposal that would make it far easier for individuals to file for bankruptcy protection and undo much of the 2005 overhaul of bankruptcy law in the U.S.
VIRGINIA ISSUES FINAL DEBT BUYING GUIDELINES
- The Virginia Department of Taxation has released its final guidelines related to debt buyer apportionment, which requires debt buyers, regardless of where they are based, to apportion their income from the collection of debt to Virginia based on a single sales factor.
FTC ISSUES $120K FINE FOR ALLEGED FCRA VIOLATIONS
- There are things that you never envision yourself having to say. Among them are, when someone posts something negative about your business online, please do not publish their personal financial information to justify your decisions.
MCU HOLDINGS DONATES TO STOP ABUSE TO HELP PREVENT CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE
- As part of MCU Holdings’ corporate charitable giving, a donation has been made to Stop Abuse, a nonprofit organization that teaches children how to recognize child sexual abuse (CSA) and feel empowered to speak up if they are being touched or approached in a way that makes them feel uncomfortable.
WORTH NOTING: Rep. Duncan Hunter [R-Calif.] has announced his resignation from Congress … If you’re a Gen X woman, you’re not getting much sleep … A company fired a man for complaining about the holiday gift he received online … Who wants to be the one to tell my daughter she shouldn’t use TikTok anymore? … The one New Year’s resolution that scientists say you should stop … The best and weirdest gadgets on display at CES … The highest-paying jobs with the lowest amount of stress … Questions you shouldn’t ask your real estate agent.
How to criticize
How the Iowa caucus actually works
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.