JUDGE GRANTS MTD IN FDCPA CASE OVER LACK OF DISCLOSURES IN COURT PLEADINGS
- A District Court judge in Florida has granted a motion to dismiss filed by a series of defendants after they were sued for allegedly violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act because they failed to disclose that communications were coming from a debt collector in legal filings related to a lawsuit that was filed against the plaintiff for an unpaid debt.
CHANGING LEADERSHIP STRUCTURE OF CFPB WOULD CREATE ‘MUTANT VERSION’ OF AGENCY, FIRM ARGUES IN BRIEF
- Both sides in a Supreme Court fight debating the constitutionality of the leadership structure of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau filed briefs yesterday arguing why the director of the financial regulator should be able to be fired for any reason, not just for cause.
AGENCIES TRIPLE AMOUNT COLLECTED FOR IRS
- The Private Debt Collection program where a handful of collection agencies are working accounts on behalf of the Internal Revenue Service nearly tripled the amount of money it collected during the 2019 fiscal year, compared with a year earlier, and nearly tripled its profits as well.
GOOGLE ADDS AUTOMATIC CALL SCREENING TO PIXEL PHONES
- Google has announced a number of new features for its Pixel line of phones, and individuals who own Pixel 4 devices will see a new automatic call screening feature that has been added.
MORE HIPPA ENFORCEMENT: SKIP THE TRUST PART AND JUST VERIFY
- Leslie Bender, CIPP/US, the General Counsel and Chief Strategy Officer at BCA Financial Services, writes a summary of HIPPA enforcement activity for 2019 and summarizes it as “skip the trust part and just verify.”
WORTH NOTING: How to harness the power of emotions in the workplace … The New England Patriots have a good excuse for why they were filming the sidelines of the team they are playing next week … Surprising facts about “Home Alone” which grows on me with each passing year … The five states with the best economic outlooks … If you’re struggling to find the perfect job candidate … Your Heisman Trophy finalists … More people want experiences instead of stuff for holiday gifts … A simple four-letter word is Merriam-Webster’s word of the year … Stephen Strasburg is a rich man today.
The things that people Google the most
Breaking down the “Wonder Woman 1984” trailer
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.