SETTLEMENT HIGHLIGHTS DIFFERENT COSTS OF SETTLING FDCPA AND TCPA CASES
- A recently settled class action is making the rounds in the credit and collection industry as it showcases the vast differences between settling cases alleging violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and those alleging violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
TSI ACQUIRES ALLTRAN FINANCIAL SERVICES
- Transworld Systems Inc. continued its 2019 buying spree, announcing yesterday that it had acquired Alltran Financial Services.
COLLECTION LAW FIRM FILES FOR BANKRUPTCY PROTECTION
- A Colorado law firm that lists debt collection and creditor’s rights among its practices areas has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
FTC-CFPB WORKSHOP TO DISCUSS NAVIGATING DISPUTES IN CREDIT REPORTING
- The Federal Trade Commission and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau have announced the topics that will be discussed at a workshop next week on credit reporting, and at least one of the four panel discussions will be related to an issue that many companies in the credit and collection industry are dealing with.
NORTHWOOD ASSET MANAGEMENT GROUP SUPPORTS HAVEN HOUSE FOR THE HOLIDAYS
- As part of our commitment to social responsibility and giving back to our community, Northwood Asset Management Group is donating Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas gifts to Haven House, a shelter providing services and refuge for victims of domestic violence in Buffalo, N.Y.
WORTH NOTING: There is one less Democrat running for president … There is a new record for the “Cannonball Run” … The states where people have the most credit card debt … How to make LinkedIn work for you … The most popular gifts of the holiday season … Fans of french fries may want to start stocking up, just in case … Passive-aggressive gift ideas … Ron Rivera got the boot in Carolina … Cyber-security predictions for 2020.
Habits that are probably spoiling your life
Why doesn’t the Leaning Tower of Pisa fall over?
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.