JUDGE GRANTS MOTION FOR JUDGMENT IN FDCPA CASE OVER CREDITOR IDENTIFICATION IN LETTER
- A District Court judge in Indiana has granted a defendant’s motion for judgment on the pleadings after it was sued for violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act because it did not adequately identify the name of the current creditor in a collection letter.
APPEALS COURT UPHOLDS RULING FOR DEFENDANT IN FDCPA CASE OVER LETTER REFERENCING ‘N/A’ INTEREST
- The Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, in a summary order, has upheld a lower court’s ruling in a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act case in which a collection agency was sued for allegedly sending a letter that included false or deceptive representation when it denoted that both the Interest Accrued and Non-interest Charges & Fees were “N/A.”
CALIF. DEMS INTRODUCE WIDE-RANGING PRIVACY BILL AIMED TO BE TOUGHER THAN CCPA
- A pair of California Congresswomen have introduced a bill that aims to take the California Consumer Privacy Act, make it more comprehensive, and apply it nationally.
REPORT ASSESSES STATE OF THIRD-PARTY COLLECTION INDUSTRY
- Only 6% of collection agencies report that it is some degree of easier to get in touch with consumers than it was five years ago, according to a report released yesterday by TransUnion and Aite Group.
SIMON’S AGENCY TO HOLD THIRD ANNUAL VOLUNTEER DAY
- Simon’s Agency, Inc. will be hosting its third annual Volunteer Day at the Samaritan Center in Syracuse, NY on Saturday, Nov. 9. Simon’s donates the cost of serving a meal to Samaritan Center visitors and volunteers spend the morning and early afternoon preparing and serving the meal.
WORTH NOTING: Five things you’re downloading that are destroying your computer … Millennials are earning far less than Baby Boomers did when they were the same age … The things you should actually buy on Black Friday … The top toys for 2019 … Pringles has a new flavor: Turducken … What we learned from last night’s elections … How to prepare for a job interview … The revolt at Deadspin continues.
Why you shouldn’t charge your phone at night
What to consider during open enrollment
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.