JUDGE GRANTS MTD IN FDCPA CASE OVER LETTER SENT AFTER CEASE AND DESIST WAS COMMUNICATED
- A District Court judge in Alabama has granted a defendant’s motion to dismiss after the plaintiff could not remember if she sent a cease and desist letter to the defendant or the original creditor, and because the communication in question was one of three carve-outs in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act that allow for an additional communication after a cease and desist has been communicated.
READ WHAT EXPERTS THINK ABOUT RECENT COMPLIANCE CASES
- Click here to read this week’s Compliance Digest, sponsored by Applied Innovation. You’ll get insights and opinions from 11 different compliance experts — David Kaminski, Joann Needleman, Rick Perr, Michael Klutho, Brit Suttell, Lauren Valenzuela, Brent Yarborough, Stefanie Jackman, Laurie Nelson, Helen Mac Murray, and Ethan Ostroff — discussing the impact of recent court cases and legislative updates. You’re not going to get that kind of varied perspective anywhere else.
AT&T EXPANDS ANTI-ROBOCALL TOOLS FOR WIRELESS CUSTOMERS
- AT&T announced new anti-robocall protections for customers of its wireless service on Friday, expanding the tools to block unwanted calls from being connected. The new products are being added at no additional charge to customers, according to an announcement from the carrier.
STATES URGE SUPREME COURT TO HEAR ARGUMENTS IN ANOTHER CFPB LEADERSHIP CASE
- Eleven state attorneys general, being led by Ken Paxton, the attorney general of Texas, have filed an amicus brief with the Supreme Court, requesting that it accept a case that challenges the constitutionality of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s leadership structure.
CFPB HIRES FORMER DHS EXEC TO BE CIO
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has hired Donna Roy to be its new chief information officer. She will start at the CFPB on Nov. 10, according to a published report.
NORTHWOOD ASSET MANAGEMENT GROUP DONATES TO HELP COMBAT HOMELESSNESS AND HUNGER
- Northwood Asset Management Group is proud to support Friends of Night People through a coordinated donation drive. Friends of Night People helps the Buffalo community by providing food and necessities to address the effects and impact of poverty.
WORTH NOTING: The five states that hold odd-year elections … Yesterday was the first time that three quarterbacks with the same last name all won on the same day … Bernie Sanders and Larry David are cousins … Free trials are costing people “a fortune” … Early failure makes you more likely to succeed in the future, according to a new study … How to cook great steaks in your kitchen … Good news for older Americans … Prince Charles appears to have been caught up in a massive art hoax.
Riddles to wake you up on a Monday morning
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.