JUDGE GRANTS MSJ IN FDCPA CASE BECAUSE CALL LOGS CONTRADICTED PLAINTIFF’S TESTIMONY
- Determining that a plaintiff’s recollection of how many calls he purported to receive and how many times he told a debt collector to stop calling because it had the wrong number was “blatantly contradicted” by his own phone records and those of the collection agency, a District Court judge in Michigan has granted the defendant’s motion for summary judgment.
MASTERCARD LAUNCHES HEALTHCARE SOLUTIONS UNIT
- Mastercard, the financial services card-issuing giant, has announced the launch of Mastercard Healthcare Solutions, a unit that will provide analytics to help improve billing strategies and revenue cycle management, among other products that will be offered.
COMPANY BEING SUED BY CFPB OPPOSES AGENCY’S MOTION FOR STAY BEFORE APPEALS COURT
- A company that is being sued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for allegedly scamming first responders and players in the National Football League has opposed a motion filed by the CFPB seeking to stay arguments in its case pending the outcome of the Supreme Court’s decision in Seila Law v. CFPB, because its case avoids the constitutional questions being discussed about the CFPB before the Supreme Court.
FDCPA, TCPA SUIT TOTALS KEEP FALLING AS FCRA SUITS INCREASE: WEBRECON
- The number of lawsuits alleging violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act continue to remain well below the pace from last year, according to data released recently by WebRecon.
COMPLIANCE DIGEST – OCTOBER 28
- Click here to read this week’s Compliance Digest, sponsored by Applied Innovation. You’ll get insights and opinions from 10 different compliance experts — Porter Heath Morgan, June Coleman, Amy Jonker, Judd Peak, Nicole Strickler, Dennis Barton, Mitch Williamson, Virginia Bell Flynn, Christopher Morris, and Boyd Gentry— discussing the impact of recent court cases and legislative updates. You’re not going to get that kind of varied perspective anywhere else.
WORTH NOTING: A secret Air Force space plan just landed after spending more than two years in orbit … How about a bride picking her bridal party based on who was going to make her look better … How the month you were born in affects your personality … It takes only seven words to make a judgment on people, according to a new study … A sex scandal has cost Rep. Katie Hill [D-Calif.] her job in Congress … Why chicken sandwiches are taking over America … What teal pumpkins mean when you’re trick-or-treating … What handing out full-size candy bars on Halloween says about you, according to behavioral economists … Fewer Americans are giving money to charity … How you can send a Gmail with one click.
How to pass the password test
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.