GETTING TO KNOW MARK BOICH OF JP RECOVERY SERVICES
- For too long, technology has been a four-letter word in the credit and collection industry. But Mark Boich is one of a new generation of industry executives who are actively harnessing the power of technology to help improve themselves and their operations. That’s one reason why he was inducted into the Ontario Systems Hall of Fame. Read on to learn more about Mark and how being a morning person might be great for his career, but not so great for his marriage.
TENSIONS FLARE AT HOUSE HEARING WITH CFPB DIRECTOR
- Tensions definitely boiled over during a House Financial Services Committee hearing yesterday after Rep. Carolyn Maloney [D-N.Y.] accused Kathy Kraninger, the director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau of being “worthless” because the agency is not helping “consumers that have been harmed.”
APPEALS COURT UPHOLDS SUMMARY JUDGMENT IN FAVOR OF DEFENDANT IN FDCPA LIEN CASE
- The Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit has issued an unpublished opinion affirming a lower court’s summary judgment ruling in favor of a debt collector that sought to collect post-judgment enforcement costs as well as the use of a continuing lien clause in attempting to collect on the unpaid debt.
ARTICLE DECLARES DEBT COLLECTORS GET TO DECIDE IF UNPAID DEBTS SHOULD LEAD TO JAIL TIME
- Debt collectors, especially those who collect on unpaid medical debts, get to decide whether an individual goes to jail or not, according to a new article that was published yesterday by ProPublica, which looked at how “collection attorneys have turned this courtroom into a government-sanctioned shakedown of the uninsured and underinsured, where the leverage is the debtors’ liberty.”
RMAI CERTIFIED MEMBERS APPLAUD NATIONAL CYBERSECURITY AWARENESS MONTH
- Held every October, National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM) is a collaborative effort between government and industry to raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity and ensure all Americans have the resources they need to be safer and more secure online. This year’s overarching message – Own IT. Secure IT. Protect IT. – will focus on key areas, including citizen privacy, consumer devices, and ecommerce security.
WORTH NOTING: How restaurants and cafes are the “lifeblood” for spies … Read this before going crazy with your Halloween decorations … What it’s like to have a job interview with President Trump … Someone really took the time to study sugar daddy relationships? … America is still the most generous country in the world … Why asking for advice is better than asking for feedback … A lot of people have not received a raise in a long time … For fans of “Breaking Bad” who live in Southern California … Five things to remove from your LinkedIn profile.
How AI and robotics will transform the jobs of the future
How to pack a suitcase
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.