Florida – Matt Kiefer, MBA, Chief Officer of Information, Compliance and Development of The Preferred Group of Tampa, has been named president of The Florida Collectors Association (FCA). As president, Kiefer will be responsible for the nonprofit’s advocacy, which promotes lawful consumer debt collection for creditors and government.
The Florida Collectors Association is a state unit of the ACA International (The Association of Credit and Collection Professionals). The organization provides its members with education and training, promotes ethical professional conduct and acts as a voice in business, legal, regulatory and legislative matters for the trade association of professional debt collectors.
Kiefer, who regularly works with large and small hospitals, physician groups, municipalities and businesses, is excited to lead the extraordinary group and to represent the industry over the next year.
“As a second time President, I am eager to grow our association, enhance education for membership and bring new faces to the table to lead going forward,” shared Kiefer. “I was encouraged by my mentors early in my career to step up, to participate in FCA and other associations, and to be a leader. I can find no better way to pay it forward than to continue to serve, mentor others and continue to set the example for others to follow.”
In addition to installing Kiefer as president, The Florida Collectors Association (FCA) also named its new Board of Directors for the same term.
The FCA 2018-19 Board of Directors is comprised of:
- Skip Kohlmyer, Shepard, Smith, Kohlmyer & Hand, P.A.; President-elect
- David Kelley of The Preferred Group of Tampa, Vice President
- Mike Debski, Debski & Associates; Treasturer/Secretary
- Melissa Nash, ARI; Immediate Past President
- Neal Jagoda, VoApps DirectDrop Voicemail; Director
- Kris Royal, Repay; Director
- Lori Cameron, Connect International; Director
- Peter Barabash, Finmax; Director
- Jeff Powell, Gulf Coast Collection Bureau; Director
- Jack Brown III, Gulf Coast Collection Bureau; Director
- Al Rookard, Applied Innovations; Director
- Pam Kirchner, BCA Financial Services; Director
- Chris Roach, Adams & Reese; Director
- Julie Thompson, Lotane & Associates; Director
To learn more about these appointments, or The Florida Collectors Association, please visit www. fla-collectors.com.
ABOUT THE FLORIDA COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION
For more than 75 years, the Florida Collectors Association (FCA) has delivered educational opportunities to help members and their employees succeed and comply with applicable laws and provide leadership. The FCA is a unit of ACA International.
ACA International (ACA), the association of credit and collection professionals, is the largest membership organization in the credit and collection industry. Founded in 1939, ACA brings together third-party collection agencies, law firms, asset buying companies, creditors and vendor affiliates, representing tens of thousands of industry professionals. ACA produces a wide variety of products, services and publications, including educational and compliance-related information; and articulates the value of the credit and collection industry to businesses, policymakers and consumers. www.acainternational.org.