JUDGE GRANTS MTD IN FDCPA CASE OVER CREDIT OFFER IN LETTER
- A collection agency has been granted a motion to dismiss by a District Court judge in Illinois after it was sued for allegedly violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act by including language in a collection letter that was provided by the creditor.
WASHINGTON POST GOES AFTER UVa HEALTH SYSTEM FOR VOLUME OF COLLECTION LAWSUITS
- The University of Virginia Health System is the latest hospital network to get the “suing too much” treatment from a local media outlet, with the Washington Post pointing out that it has filed more than 36,000 lawsuits seeking to recover $106 million in unpaid bills during the six-year period ending in June 2018.
STATE HEALTHCARE GROUP FILES COMMENT OPPOSING PROVISIONS OF PROPOSED COLLECTION RULE
- A trade group representing Florida community health centers has filed a comment with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, expressing concern that the proposed debt collection rule “could result in a negative impact on healthcare patients of limited financial resources, advanced age, and/or limited English proficiency.”
MEDICAID EXPANSION SENDING MORE PEOPLE TO EMERGENCY ROOM FOR NON-EMERGENCIES: STUDY
- As many emergency room employees will likely be able to confirm, the expansion of Medicaid has increased the number of emergency room visits, indicating that individuals are still using emergency rooms for non-emergency issues, according to a study released yesterday by the Brookings Institute.
FFAM360 LEADERSHIP COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROGRAM BUILDS PLAYGROUND
- As an extension of First Financial Asset Management (and the FFAM360 group of Companies)’s Leadership Community Outreach Program, members of FFAM360 management partnered with Friends of Refugees to build a community garden and playground for local families in Clarkston, GA.
WORTH NOTING: How an NFL star takes saving money to extreme lengths … Wendy’s is getting back to offering breakfast … Amazon currently has 30,000 available job openings … The question to ask if you want to get the most out of every meeting … Meet the person who named your favorite products … How wiping out $1.5 trillion in student loan debt would help the economy … A man was accused of stealing $90,000 worth of cakes … Scientists have identified the genes that lead to left-handedness.
Coffee habits to help make you stronger
Why you shouldn’t force-close your apps
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.