GETTING TO KNOW JOSEPH MESSER OF MESSER STRICKLER
- Like many, Joseph Messer’s start in the credit and collection industry happened almost by accident. But it’s no accident that he’s been able to build a great legal career from that small favor he did for a friend nearly three decades ago. Read on to learn more about Joseph and what it takes for him to become “super aggressive.”
APPEALS COURT AFFIRMS LOWER COURT’S RULING IN FCRA DISPUTE CASE
- The Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has affirmed a lower court’s ruling that a credit bureau did not violate the Fair Credit Reporting Act and was not obligated to reinvestigate disputed claims on an individual’s credit report because the individual did not directly submit the request.
COLLECTOR PLEADS GUILTY TO SCAMMING INDIVIDUALS TO MAKE PAYMENTS ON FAKE DEBTS
- A Buffalo-area man is facing up to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty yesterday to charges of conspiracy to commit wire fraud for his role in a collection scam.
TENET TO SPIN OFF RCM UNIT CONIFER INTO SEPARATE COMPANY
- After a two-year strategic review of what to do with Conifer, a revenue cycle management provider and unit of Tenet Healthcare, it was announced yesterday that the unit will be spun off into a separate publicly traded company.
STOPPING BAD ROBOCALLS ACT OVERWHELMINGLY PASSES IN HOUSE
- For all the partisan bickering and rhetoric in Washington, D.C., it can be a rare occurrence when members of Congress from both sides of the aisle come together with one voice. Apparently, all it takes is a vote on a bill attempting to eliminate robocalls to make that rare occurrence a reality. The House of Representatives yesterday voted 429-3 in favor of the Stopping Bad Robocalls Act, pushing the bill one step closer to becoming a law.
WORTH NOTING: The story of the school district that threatened to place kids in foster care over unpaid lunch debts takes another turn … A woman was caught wearing stolen dentures to a meeting with her probation officer … NFL star Adrian Peterson is in a lot of debt … How to sell anything to anyone … Older drivers are more likely to get distracted, according to a new study … Why you should never get close to a bison … How much Americans earn at every age … The net worth of President Trump’s cabinet.
How tequila is made
What to do if you offend someone
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.