The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.
CFPB SEEKS TO RESTART DEBT COLLECTION SURVEY, MARCH TIMELINE FOR RELEASE OF PROPOSED RULE IN DOUBT
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is seeking permission to conduct an online survey of 8,000 individuals related to debt collection disclosures. The timing of the survey throws into question whether the agency will be able to stay on its March timeline for the release of its proposed debt collection rule.
COLO. LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEE KILLS BILL THAT WOULD LIMIT GARNISHMENTS OF MEDICAL DEBT
- A bill that was proposed in the Colorado legislature that would limit what could be garnished from an individual’s wages if the judgment was for medical debt was postponed indefinitely by the state’s Finance Committee on Monday, despite pleas that the law was sorely needed.
REP. PALLONE INTRODUCES BILL TO STOP ROBOCALLS, INCLUDES NEW ATDS DEFINITION
- Rep. Frank Pallone [D-N.J.], who is now the chairman of House Energy and Commerce Committee, has re-introduced a bill, called the Stopping Bad Robocalls Act, which drastically expands the definition of an automated telephone dialing system.
HOSPITAL PRICES SKYROCKETING, AND NOT LIKELY TO SLOW DOWN
- Maybe there is a logical reason why the amount of medical debt is spiraling out of control. And maybe the logical reason is completely illogical.
BEHIND THE SURVEY: LEARNING MORE ABOUT BILLINGTREE’S ARM INDUSTRY SURVEY
- BillingTree recently launched its seventh annual ARM industry ‘Collection Agency Operations and Technology Survey.’ The survey helps shed light on how different collection agencies manage their operations and has been a helpful resource for collection agencies of all shapes and sizes. Dave Yohe, the vice president of marketing at BillingTree, recently took the time to share some insights into how the survey got its start and what has been most surprising about the results from previous years.
WORTH NOTING: What to expect from tonight’s State of the Union address … President Trump’s guest list for tonight’s event … A runner who was attacked by a mountain lion in Colorado lived to tell the tale … How much members of the New England Patriots made for winning the Super Bowl … Clients of a cryptocurrency exchange are in trouble after the founder died and nobody can figure out the password to his computer … An ESPN anchor was fired for leaking some sensitive information … Why ‘The Social Network’ was more right than anyone realized … The most perfect Super Bowl ad, but from the wrong advertiser.
Chipotle’s secret rice
Nine bad foods that are actually good for you