Ten executives have declared their candidacy to run for five spots on the board of directors of ACA International, the trade group announced last Friday. Elections for the five spots will be held during ACA’s annual conference in Jul in Nashville. Members of ACA’s Council of Delegates elect the board members, who will serve three-year terms.
The 10 individuals, including two who are running for re-election, were required to submit statements of interest, that detail their responsibilities at their companies, their service to ACA, their industry experience, their long-range goals, and the membership issues they think are the highest priorities.
The 10 candidates, in alphabetical order, are:
- Gordon Beck, CEO, Diversified Consultants, Inc.
- George Buck, President Emeritus, Frost-Arnett
- Daniel Desatnick, Co-Founder and President, The Allen Daniel Associates, Inc.
- W. Chris Dunkum, President, First Collection Services
- Tina Hanson, Executive Vice President & Chief Strategy Officer, State Collection Service Inc.
- Roxie Kracl, Credit Bureau Services, Inc.
- Anita Manghisi, President, Independent Recovery Resources, Inc.
- Rick Perr, Partner, Fineman Krekstein & Harris
- Gregg Swersky, Chief Relationship Officer, Wakefield & Associates
- David Williams, President, Williams & Fudge
Hanson and Perr are the two running for re-election to the board. According to ACA’s website, the board’s responsibilities are to govern the property, affairs, activities and concerns of the association.
In reading the statements of interest from the 10 candidates, it is interesting to note the experience and common issues that many of them share. Many of the candidates have been involved with the industry for decades and many of them are focusing their issues on regulatory reform and education.